This Thanksgiving, or before, who are we kidding?, Drink your Dessert!
Seriously. Hang on to your hats. This recipe is a compliation of several I found online plus my own tweaks to make it easy to make with every day, inexpensive items. And, I wanted to make sure I brought you the best possible version. It took many tries. I was willing to do that for yall. You're Welcome :)
Ok, here we go: Here's a pic of everything you need. It looks like a lot, but it's not really. Also, you will need some Pumpkin Pie Spice, I forgot to put that in the pic! This makes ONE drink.
- Martini shaker. If you don't have one, you could probably just put this in a large glass and stir it up really well. Also, you don't have to use a Martini glass, but it just looks cooler.
- 1-ounce measuring glass or shotglass. Or, if you're brave, you can eyeball it.
- Vanilla vodka (or regular vodka plus vanilla extract, which is what I used, because we are not fancy enough to have the flavored kind. If you have that, just omit the vanilla ext.)
- Vanilla Extract
- Carmel syrup
- Whipped cream. (see, sugar-free! So this is a healthy drink!)
- Heavy cream. (you can probably use light, half and half, or milk, but the heavy cream really gives it a richness. I haven't used any of those so I can't vouch for them.)
- Canned pure pumpkin.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Put a couple ice cubes in the shaker. Measure out 2 ounces of vodka plus 1/2 ounce vanilla extract.
- Add 1 ounce Heavy cream and 1/2 to 1 ounce caramel syrup, depending on your sweet tooth.
- Add 2 spoonfuls of pumpkin. about this much.
- Finally, a shake or two of pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake well and strain into glass. Spray a little whip on top and sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice.
Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!!